`

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gel Nail Fail

As soon as I finish typing this post, I will probably be soaking my nails in acetone. Sigh. I want to love gel nails, I really do. I wont be giving up on them, but I am about to show you my first attempt at gel nails. Just be warned...its horrific.

I picked up the Broadway Brush on Gel Nail kit for about $10 after much googling and You Tube review watching. After trying to do my own acrylics, brush on gel nails seemed so easy my little 5 year old cousin could do it. 

Well truthfully, it is easy. First you put on the nail tips, they are numbered sizes and have tabs so that makes it a little easier. Then your brush on the gel, brush on the gel activator and repeat, making sure to dip the brush in the brush cleaner each time you do a nail.



I wanted short nails so I put the nail tips a little further back on my nails instead of closer to the edge. Big mistake! The fake nails were obvious because they looked a little, well for lack of a better adjective, lumpy. Even under three coats of gel. You could definitely tell where the fake tips were because my nails were not smooth like the picture. Another thing I didn't like was the drying time. On the box it says they dry fast. Umm, no. I painted the my nails after 45 minutes with two coats of Sally Hansen Virtual Violet and topped with Seche Vite. I still woke up with sheet marks. What gives?



I still really want to try gel nails, but the next time I do them, I will do them without the fake tips. It will be more like a gel overlay. I've heard/read this helps protect your nails while they grow underneath. Then you just fill them in. I'm really tired of my nails chipping/breaking/peeling. They haven't been at a length I like in a long time. Well I'm looking forward to seeing what the removal process will be like. I've read that gel nails soak off faster than acrylic. Lets hope so!

♥ Lachelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...