`

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sally Hansen Purple Gala + Gel Nail Update

 Yes, you read that right. I'm back with the gel nails after yesterdays Gel Nail Fail! I definitely wanted to try them out again, so I did them over. This time I applied the gel to my natural nails, without the fake tips. The process went much smoother and I'm happy with the results. My nails feel hard...I tweeted earlier that they felt indestructible! I'd better not speak too soon. The reason I did this was because I googled "gel overlay for natural nails" and found a whole lot of information on blogs, forums and You Tube about how people did gel overlays on their natural nails to help them retain length and prevent breaking. I have been frustrated with my nails as of late because of those exact same problems! The game plan is to let my natural nails grow out and fill in the gel. Once I feel like the gel is getting too thick or needs to be changed, then I will soak it off. Oh, that reminds me! Soaking my first set of gel nails off was easier than any acrylic removal I've ever done! It was definitely was faster. 

 So here are my nails with the gel overlays...which you obviously cant see because I just got a new Sally Hansen polish at Ulta this weekend that I want to show you. Purple Gala looks like it could have fit right in China Glaze's Vintage Vixen collection in my opinion. Its a gorgeous smoky purple with gold and silver glitter. I have pictures of it in the sun and one shade picture.





I love the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line...they offer a lot of great polishes at great price. I think this may be Limited Edition, so if you want it I would look for a special display in drugstores, Ulta, etc.

♥ Lachelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...