`

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Updates! I know I've been M.I.A...

First off, if you're reading this, Hi!! Thanks for supporting/keeping up with Polished Beauty Blog!I havent posted in a while, but its because I've been a really busy bee! This is my last semester as an undergrad (I'll graduate on my 22nd birthday, May 15th!) and I 've been working an internship with a wonderful HIV/AIDS agency. Its only been 8 weeks, but I feel as if working there is really increasing my awareness of the cause and helping me grow as a person. You'll see in the top right hand corner, I've a added a banner from www.nineandhalfminutes.org, a wonderful resource for learning more about HIV and AIDS. If you havent been tested, you can enter in your US zipcode and learn where testing facilites are. Since starting my internship, I've gotten tested and let me tell you; its quick and painless! No blood involved and in 20 minutes I had my results. My particular agency offers free testing so check and see if there's free testing in your area! Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox. For now... :-)

Okay, so I'm going to update you guys on some news and what you can expect in the following weeks from Polished Beauty Blog.
  • I'm very happy about something. Whats that you say? I noticed that I have 101 followers! Wow, I'm amazed that so many people are interested in my corner of the web! Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it. When I  graduate and get a nice job, you guys will have the the opportunity to enter in a giveaway because I want to celebrate! Think of it as an I.O.U. ;-)
  • Next up, I recently received a blog award from Recessionista of Nouveau Cheap! Since discovering her website I've quickly grown to love and adore this blog. I've bookmarked it because she finds some of the best beauty drugstore deals ever! If youre looking for a drugstore product review before you purchase something, chances are she has it on her blog. At least this is always the case for me! Her reviews are well written and thorough. Love this blog. Thanks for the award and even stopping by my blog!
  •  Upcoming posts: I've recently discovered my new favorite cuticle remover! I purchased California Mango-Mango Miracle Cuticle Remover from Sallys along with a 69 cent cuticle pusher from Walgreens and I have been in love ever since. 
  • Sally Hansen Gunmetal was recently added to my stash. I'm just gonna admit it right now, I bought it simply for the name. I do love the color though. I just wore it all weekend last weekend and I don't want to see it for a while, but you guys will get to see it!
  •  China Glaze Medallion. Fabulous gold glitter I got at Sally's when I happened to stop by one weekend and discovered there were having an additional 50% off sale on clearance items. Can you believe I had the hardest time figuring out what to layer it over? You'll see what I decided soon!
Whew, I think that's everything. I know I haven't been posting a lot but a lot of stuff has been happening in my personal life in addition to the things I just told you about. This has just been a very busy semester! I cant wait until its all over and I can rest. I apologize if I haven't been very active in the Nail Blog Network or commenting on your blog. I do try and go through all the blogs on my dashboard in the mornings though. I'm just continually playing catch up. One day, I'll get it together though.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...