`

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Black French Manicure

Indoor + Flash

Indoor + Flash

Outdoor + No Flash

The sun is shining, I finally got Stripe Rite polishes....all is right with the world. I'm in a really good mood. Did I mention I've been wanting some Stripe Rite polishes for a while now? I got two; a silver and a hot pink. A funny thing happened though when I finally got my hands on them. I drew a blank! All the designs I had dreamed of were out the window. What to do? So I tried something simple, besides I didn't know if I would be good at drawing or not.
I started with one coat of Essie Pinking Up the Pieces because I love that sheer pink as a base for all my French manicures. Then I did one coat of Sally Hansen Black Out on the tips. I used my silver stripe rite polish to go just under the black tips. Pretty easy I must say. I'm so happy with the results! I finished it off with Orly Sec N Dry topcoat.
Click the pictures to enlarge, I tried to capture all the glittery goodness. It was hard. I find myself when I'm outside, turning my hand and nails to reflect the glitter. :-)
Hmm...the possibilities with this Stripe Rite!
-Lachelle


3 comments:

  1. Great job - amazing what a little stripe of glitter can do to change a boring french, eh?!

    Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lachelle you are a true nail fanatis! Checking your glowing nails outdoors. Too funny. When I wear my holos I do the same thing. Dangerous when driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also blanked out when I picked up a huge haul of L.A. Colors Art Deco nail art polishes...all of a sudden, I had like 8 that I picked up from the Dollar Tree but no designs to make! AAUGH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...